Call and order the new book now !!!!
Der Link zur Webseite der Brot-O-Typ
Call and order the new book now !!!!
Der Link zur Webseite der Brot-O-Typ
INTERVIEW WITH PIROSKA SZÖNYE
The artist Piroska Szönye, from Chur in Switzerland, believes paper can change people’s way of looking at the world. With her paper and collage art she wants people to think outside the box, create magic and challenge their emotions about the value of things.
Switzerland’s most famous folk stories are the ones about Heidi. The young, orphaned girl who grows up with her peculiar grandfather in the Alps of Switzerland. Heidi sees good in everyone, is grateful for what she has and has a great love for animals and nature. Piroska finds herself relating with the character a lot, and sees much of herself in Heidi. She even lives twenty minutes away from the famous Heidi Village, right outside Chur. Piroska and Heidi also share the same values: to be noble and good. Piroska wanted to develop the strong connection she felt for the girl in the stories, but didn’t exactly know how. The only thing she knew was that she was destined to be an artist. Her biggest wish when she was a child was to paint. She was sent to an art school with a famous artist as a teacher, and the classes were late in the evening. Piroska was only ten years old – the youngest student at the school – but probably the most dedicated.
– My teacher thought me, that as an artist you live through your painting. When you paint, your ears hear the painting. You can smell and even taste your painting. In the end, you become the painting. Today, when I paint, I lose track of time and space, I forget to eat and I disappear into the painting and its creation. It’s amazing that I can be such an organized person outside the atelier, but when I create I really let go of that control, says Piroska.
In order to know what kind of art people wanted and to create the right styles, Piroska also studied Management of Culture. She wanted to know as much as possible about how the industry and market worked, and how, for example, gallerists looked at art and artists. Being able to stand with one foot in the artist’s creative world and one foot on the other side, where she understands how the art business works, has been of great benefit to Piroska. She explains that she sometimes feels like two people – in addition to her connection with the Heidi character – one of whom is very structured and organized and the other who doesn’t even remember to eat a proper lunch.
– I like both my sides, they have shaped me and made me who I am today. My mind and my thoughts are like a theater. It’s like I’m watching all the ideas that come in and which I then can process like an audience. It may sound strange, but it works for me, says Piroska.
The ideas for her artworks and her books, which often involve paper, come to Piroska in her dreams.
– What I imagine and then later create often has a starting point as a dream. In a book, for example, I can dream whole sentences, which I write down as soon as I wake up. Because of that, I try to keep an open mind, so I can be as receptive as possible to the dreams, says Piroska.
A piece of paper can change the world. Those are Piroska’s words of wisdom, which she always tries to demonstrate with her exhibitions, projects and books. Recently, she made a gallery installation of crumpled paper – a meter in height – involving 100 pieces of paper with an invitation on the front and a piece of art on the back. Piroska wanted to convey that the value of paper is in the eyes of the beholder.
– I tried to play with people minds and preconceived opinions about what art is worth. A piece of paper isn’t just paper and does not count as trash just because you crumple it. The art piece develops, takes new shapes and still has a value and a purpose, says Piroska.
Her art has brought her a lot of attention, and many people now know who she is. Among other things, several local newspapers covered a project where she built a house of children’s books. Many people appreciated the project and were astonished by her new way of thinking, while questioning that the house was outdoors and could easily be destroyed.
– I made it for children who die at a young age, and that’s the reason it was made out of children’s books and stood outside. Regardless the weather, if it’s raining, snowing or the sun is shining, we are carrying the love and the light with us in our hearts. That was my point. So, the house had to stand outside, become wet and, to some extent, fall apart. The motif with the artwork did not lose value because of it, it was elevated and the message strengthened, says Piroska.
Name: Piroska Szönye
Favorite material: All kinds of paper
Favorite tool: Making art! Be in the flow of making art and making people happy.
Wenn es stürmt und schneit, wenn es regnet, Neblig düster ist oder die Sonne scheint. Wenn es hell ist oder dunkel. Das Licht und die Liebe im Herzen trägt uns weiter. Ich bin als Botschafterin und Künstlerin für die Sternkinder unterwegs und möchte, dass im ersten Teil des Projektes die Kinder der ifb Stiftung in Klipriver an Weihnachten die Küche bekommen, die mir die RHB geschenkt hat. Den Transport versuche ich mit meiner Kunst und auf das Thema auf der sterbenden Kinder aufmerksam zu machen.
Warum>>>> weil ich es selbst fast war >> …..
Ein Stück Himmel auf Erden. Zart ist sie, zerbrechlich kleine Seele in verborgenem Schmerz. Trocken die Tränen, Ganz still einen Hauch. Wärme spüren. Sanft fühlen einen Moment des Glücks. Das Leben, es vergeht und kommt als Sternenstaub zurück am Himmelszelt.
Think out of the box >>> be a part of the magic >> so gehe ich als Künstlerin weiter und @home fliegt mit ……….
zusammenbekommen – Mein @home in Bad Ragaz ist am Finale der Triennale der Hauptakt und macht auf das Thema der SternenKinder aufmerksam. Jeder Franken zählt !!! In Bad Ragaz werden wir auch sammeln – Machst Du mit und es möglich dass die Kinder auf Weihnachten ein wenig Himmel auf Erden haben. Das wäre eine schönes Geschenk ….
Unten findet man die Angaben für das SternenkinderKonto bei der UBS in BAd Ragaz und Per Twint meine Tel Nummer. Die Namen der Spender wird genannt.
Aufruf für die Sternenkinder!!!!
Die Küche ist gefunden. Eine grossartige Spende der RhB. EIne gebrauchte Gastroküche in gutem Zustand wird mit Freunden ausgebaut !!!!
Nun gilt es diese Küche nach Südafrika zu transportieren. Die Kosten dafür belaufen sich auf Fr. ca. 20’000 Sfr.
Wer hilft mit die Kosten aufzubringen? Spenden sind willkommen ! Vermerk Küche kann auch per Twint überwiesen werden auf meine Handynummer
about Yilin Liao is the founder and principal of Pear (Xueli) Kids Education center, in Liuzhou city, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region.
She is master of education, graduated from the University of Sydney, Australia. Yilin ever worked in Beijing as training manager of CondeNast China (Vogue, GQ etc.) and fashion trainer in Chanel. After she came back from Sydney, in those years she always had a dream to do something to contribute to the society, especially for the children in her hometown. For this dream, she moved back to Liuzhou in 2014, to bring high quality education projects to children in her small city. Her Pear Kids education has been helped over 3000 students/times to adpat well to school life, and also helped over 5000 families & teachers to improve parent/teacher – child relation.
Schoolproject in China Pear (Xueli) Kids Education center, in Liuzhou cityPear (Xueli) Kids Education center was founded in 2014, it has above 1500 students/times in 2017, also shared Positive Discipline prensentations/workshop to around 5000 parents and teachers to help them to be better euducators. Pear Education works with more than 20 public schools, from kindergartens to high schools in the city to help them to improve communication and teaching methods in the schools.The main course of Pear Education is kids cognition (Kids Attention, Kids Memorizing Method, Kids Study Methods & Strategies, Kids Multiple Thinking & Cognition, Social Emotion Lessons); the class for parents and teachers are Postive Displine workshop.Outline of the courses of Heidi & Creative Thinking.
The course will be enriched to 12 classes/section, to bring children experience and be inspired by international thinking way. It will be a great project for the kids in China: open mind, think creatively, be a person who can find and feel the happiness.